This study examined the effectiveness of video modeling intervention on social behavior of Korean-American children with developmental disabilities. Since little is known about the effectiveness of evidence-based interventions on culturally and linguistically diverse students with disabilities, the results of this study will add the strength on the to the evidence in support of evidence-based interventions. The limitations and suggestions for future study will be discussed. Audiences will be able to (1) learn about the video modeling intervention (e.g., how to implement the video modeling intervention, types of video modeling interventions, and existing evidences) (2) learn about the effectiveness of video modeling intervention on social behaviors of children with developmental disabilities, and; (3) discuss the cultural responsiveness of video modeling intervention on social behaviors of Korean-American children with developmental disabilities and the effective ways to design culturally responsive behavioral interventions for children with developmental disabilities in their natural environments, such as schools, homes and community settings, with natural agents such as parents, siblings, teachers, and peers.
- DAY 1. The Thursday Poster Presentation Session – Thursday, December 4, 4:30 to 6:30 PM. Grand Ballroom North B (Set Up will be 1:30 to 4:30 PM)
- DAY 2. The Small meeting sessions – Friday, December 5, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Mtg Planner Office A
- BEST Posters Awards – Friday, December 5 at 2:10 PM. Grand Ballroom North B
- Diversity & Cultural CompetencyPositive Behavior Supports
- Grand Ballroom North B
- Date:December 4, 2014
- Event:2014 Poster Presentations