ACTION! stands for Advocacy, Change, Training, Information, Organizing, and Networking! These words are a way of life. Find out how the members of Project ACTION! impact the nation’s capital beyond the boardroom by contributing to their neighborhoods and faith-based communities, in testifying before the DC Council, and by teaching law and medical students about people with disabilities.
- 1. Session participants will obtain ideas to replicate within their own communities – such as testifying before the city council, educating law and medical students about people with disabilities, and demonstrating for people everywhere that people with disabilities are people first.
- 2. Session participants will understand how being an active member of the community is among the keys to true change and societal acceptance of people with disabilities.
- 3. Session participants will take note of how Project ACTION!’s motto, “Let our voices be heard,” is not limited to advocating with words, but also with a positive spirit.
- 4. Session participants will consider the bridge between today’s actions and tomorrow’s outcomes for people with disabilities.
- 5. Session participants will gain insight about acceptable language regarding people with disabilities.
Kara Jones, Victor Robinson, Thelma Green, Steven Powe, Phyllis Holton, Rebecca Salon