The Watertown, Wisconsin campus of Bethesda Lutheran Communities existed as a large, institutional setting for over 100 years. Throughout 2014, the remaining individuals have moved into the community. The presentation highlights the positive collaborative process involving the organization, the individuals served, families, funding agencies, state regulatory agencies and city officials, resulting in a transition model that could be used effectively by others in the future.
After this presentation participants will be able to:
- 1. Identify the essential collaborative relationships needed for transition to community living;
- 2. Discuss effective strategies for enhancing choice and self-direction while in a transition environment;
- 3. Discuss effective strategies for navigating philosophical and practical differences among agencies, families and individuals with disabilities while in transition to community living.
David Morstad, Gretchen Block, Amy Olszewski
- Community LivingHuman Rights
- Date:December 5, 2014
- Event:2014 Concurrent Sessions