What is quality of life? It is being valued in one’s immediate and broader community. All community stake holders must work to create an inclusive environment where persons with disabilities can take their rightful place as valuable contributing members of society. An inclusive community will not happen without advocacy, legislation, and education. Quality of life is each person participating in their own life.
After this session, participants will be able to:
A. Evaluate their quality of life.
B. Engage relevant community stakeholders in creating an inclusive environment.
C. Connect with others in their community to create diverse experiences and relationships.
D. Advocate for their specific special need from entertainment venues. By the end of the session participants will be able to:
• Determine their level of satisfaction with life and how to make changes.
• Identify and contact stakeholders in your community.
• Find others in the community with whom they connect.
• Know who to contact from various venues of entertainment and what is available to make visits easier.
- Community LivingDiversity & Cultural Competency
- Mount Vernon Square A
- Date:December 5, 2014
- Event:2014 TASH Talks