Every year we have over 50 of our members and like-minded colleagues, advocates, and families present at our poster sessions. The poster sessions are always well attended and one of the best features of the conference. This year we decided to award the work represented on the posters since it reflects the mission and vision of TASH. The posters also address the vision of TASH-equity, opportunity and inclusion for all people but especially those marginalized by our society because of a label. Last night, we had over 12 judges roaming the room, interviewing, reading, and rating the presented work on rubrics.
We were able to narrow all the good work to the following winners:
- 1) Understanding End of Life Decision-Making with and for People With Significant Intellectual and Development Disabilities by Erin Leveton
- 2) TASH Student Chapter…Maintaining the Momentum by Jody Bartz
- 3) Seclusion and Restraint in Schools….Literature, Policy and Practice by Kimberly Knackstedt
- 4) Supporting Spiritual Lives by Laura Lee Wright
- 5) Families as Faculty: Collaboration For Inclusive and Culturally Competent Teacher Preparation by Zach Rossetti
Congrats to our 2014 Poster Presentation Award Winners!